Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Beginnings

Wow- summer is officially over and long live Autumn!! I love the colours the smells and the temperature. We call it sweater weather in our household.

I have been procrastinating a lot- guilty as charged but now I can no longer ignore, it is that time again to start a new collection. I have enjoyed spending most of my time with my 8 month old Phoenix and his older brother Aidan- this summer was gorgeous and I played hooky!!

Sadly I was unaware that one of my fabric sources: SYKA Textiles out of British Columbia had closed its doors this past year. Very sad news, as not only were they progressive in offering a wide variety of organic fabrics but Susan Gagnon, one of the owners was such a pleasure to work with and offered wonderful customer service that was hard to beat. Wishing them both luck as I am sure our paths will cross again.

So now on to our new collection, I have decided to share where I buy my organic fabric with all of you out there as I find people are so tight-lipped about sources and hence you see what can happen to a great company. So if you are looking for amazing organic fabrics try Manoir Inc. Right here in Montreal and milled here as well- I could not be happier to help support a Canadian milling company, a rarity these days.

So be ready to see some new sleepers, summer hats and you'll have to wait to see what else.

Hint: meerkats, elephants and pirates oh my!!!

No comments: