Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My son's jungle themed bedroom-phase I

I hate white walls- or rather I like colour and after living in our new house for two years it was way past time to do my son's all white room. Being pregnant probably has something to do with it too. Why is it when we are pregnant we HAVE to do all these do or die projects before the birth. I am not alone- you know who you are. You should see my to do list of last minute projects I hope to accomplish before the birth of my next son.

Note to parents planning to paint their child's room- never ask them what they would like painted on their walls. Sadly I did not heed my own advice as I did ask my son and guess what I am painting? A jungle theme with a pirate captain in a ship-aka my son and to also include an island of friendly dinosaurs. So two weeks into it this is where i am at and I am in negotiations with my three year old to leave out the dinosaurs and put in the wild things from "Where the wild things are". I feel more confident in my ability to paint the wild things over the dinosaurs and a great book.

So here are the first peeks of the jungle room. Considering I have not painted in ohhhh four years I was pleasantly surprised.

6 comments:

HARAMAKI LOVE said...

wow, amazing!!! You are very talented, Aidan sure is lucky!!

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

I love it so far! Those trees are so pretty!

willowsprite said...

You can really see the trees growing! ;)
What kind of paint do you use?

Pierre Bouchard said...

Amazing. That would make an original birthday invitation if we were to use this design on a birthday invitation card produced by notesandphotos.ca

M said...

This is awesome, impressive, fantastico! Bravo!!

Sara said...

Great......You are very talented.
Fine Linens